- Download the ionCube Loader Wizard. Extract, and place it in your web server root folder (to find out where this is, go to MAMP > Preferences > Web Server). [wizard documentation]
- Launch the wizard in your browser and download ionCube zip file. Follow the instructions there or keep on reading these instructions.
- Extract and place in your extensions directory
(To double-check the folder, go to MAMP > Open WebStart page, click on phpInfo, and search for extension_dir.)
- Next, tell PHP to use the new stuff by editing the php.ini file:
/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.6.7/conf/php.ini(To double-check the file location, search for Loaded Configuration File on the phpInfo page.)
- Add this line before the first zend_extension line (around line 1155).
zend_extension = "/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.6.7/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/ioncube/ioncube_loader_dar_5.6.so"
- Restart MAMP.
- Open the ionCube loader wizard file to make sure that everything’s working.
- If things look good, delete the loader wizard files. If things look bad, do whatever the wizard tells you.
- That’s it! Celebrate!
- Optional: Try to activate the plugin that demanded you install ionCube in the first place, start swearing when it throws another error, write to the plugin helpdesk and wait until the next business day for them to tell you that you’re not allowed to use their plugin for local development.