My WordPress site is running on MAMP. It’s responsive and looks great on desktop browsers at mobile widths, but the live site still has alignment issues on mobile devices. 😀
I have an iPad and an Android phone. I’m also using CodeKit to compile Sass and autorefresh the site.
For the iPad:
- Make sure your firewall allows “signed software to receive incoming connections” (under Settings > Security & Privacy).
- In CodeKit, click on Preview for your site. Enter that url on the iPad (mine looks like: local3.local:5757/sitefoldername).
For the Android:
Same as iPad, but Android will try to look for .local online. So replace local#.local with the IP address. You can find the IP address under Settings > Network in the small print under the connection status.
So my urls looked like:
If you’re not using CodeKit, you can use the IP address with the Apache port number (MAMP > Preferences > Ports), but you will probably have to do some configuring to get WordPress to work.
- View MAMP Virtual Hosts On Your iPad and iPhone Over The Local Network [benjaminrojas.net]
- 10 Different Solutions To Share Your Local Wamp/Lamp/Xamp/Mamp (WordPress) Sites [peterrknight.com]
- View local web server on Mac with computer name, not IP [stackoverflow.com]
- Testing local server with MAMP/wordpress on mobile device? [stackoverflow.com]
- View Local WordPress Website on your iPhone or iPad with MAMP [designshifts.com]